Morgan Honeycutt brings a powerful arsenal of litigation and mediation skills to her family law practice. She has developed these over a rich career helping people through tough, life-altering circumstances, both as a criminal and immigration trial lawyer and as a skilled negotiator. Her extensive litigation experience, including multiple high stakes murder trials as well as difficult divorce and custody cases, makes her virtually unflappable in court. Her clerkship at the New Mexico Supreme Court heightened her awareness of the importance of litigation technique and strategy. In both trial and resolution oriented arenas, she’s comfortable in her ability to read people and effectively respond on the fly and under pressure. In 2014, Ms. Honeycutt began working with Sarah Bennett to focus exclusively on family law matters.
Ms. Honeycutt brings a full skill set to Walther Bennett Mayo Honeycutt, with competence in working collaboratively, cooperatively, or in litigation, to resolve family law issues including kinship guardianship, child custody, complex financial and property disputes, and divorce. Ms. Honeycutt is trained and has been court-appointed as a family law mediator and regularly volunteers at Resolution Day in Santa Fe District Court. Ms. Honeycutt is a New Mexico native.
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of New Mexico, Family Law Section
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- New Mexico Collaborative Practice Group
- Santa Fe Collaborative Practice Group
- Oliver Seth American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Domestic Relations Rules Committee, Member
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Courts of New Mexico
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- University of New Mexico School of Law, NM, Juris Doctor
- University of New Mexico, NM, B.A.
- Super Lawyer Rising Star
- National Criminal Defense College, 2013
- Jerrold L. Walden Award of Social Justice Recipient