David Walther brings the expertise, temperance, and skills honed by more than 40 years of practice in family law. A seasoned professional, he’s handled hundreds of complex cases, including fifty in which the opinions were officially reported by state and federal courts, and he has written two articles cited by the United States Supreme Court. He has perennially received the highest AV rating by Martindale Hubbell, has been listed by Super Lawyers since 2006, and has been cited as one of the Best Lawyers in America since 1986. He is a co-author of The Bounds of Advocacy, the book that set the national standard for Domestic Relations Practice. Before moving to New Mexico in 1986, Mr. Walther practiced law in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. David Walther assembled the present law firm to concentrate on the complex cases that have always fascinated, challenged, and energized him.
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of New Mexico, Family Law Section
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Diplomate, American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- First Judicial District Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Courts of New Mexico and Wisconsin
- Federal Courts of New Mexico and Wisconsin
- United States Supreme Court
- 10th and 7th United States Courts of Appeal
- Marquette University School of Law, WI, Juris Doctor
- Marquette University, WI, B.S.
- Top 100 Divorce Trial Lawyers in U.S.
- 2014 Santa Fe Family Lawyer of the Year
- Super Lawyer
- Best Lawyers
- AV-Rated Martindale Hubbell